On Saturday, April 23rd, Yellowstone National Park, the Yellowstone Environmental Coordinating Committee (YECC), and community partners from Gardiner, Mont. will celebrate the 46th anniversary of Earth Day with a community clean-up, waste collection and recycling opportunities, youth activities, information on local environmental initiatives, and more. All Earth Day activities are free of charge and located at the Gardiner Public School.
The schedule includes:
- 9 am – 4 pm: “Trash Amnesty Day” at the Gardiner Green Boxes. No household hazardous waste allowed. Call 406-223-2135 for details or to arrange a free pick up.
- 10 am – Noon: Community clean-up opportunities.
- Noon: Free community BBQ.
- Noon – 2:00 pm: Educational and local vendor displays and youth activities.
- Compost give-away (bring your own bag or bucket!) at the Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center.
- The G-Town Thrift shop will be open accepting clothing donations and the Community Closet from Livingston will have a truck for donating other household items.
For more information, visit: www.facebook.com/GardinerEarthDay and please tag related social media with #GardinerEarthDay. To volunteer at the event or for further questions, call Dylan Hoffman at (307) 344-5204.